Re: duplicates [was Re: UNSUBSCRIBE]

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 04:00, ben wrote:

> confirmation to point out that cc'ing a post's author shouldn't happen unless
> specifically requested.

On most of the lists that I've frequented (most of them INFINITELY less
tolerant to newbies and OT posts than this one), asking for a direct
reply is considered rude. a) The CC takes care of it anyway, and b)
first you're going to ask for help, and THEN you're going to tell me how
to give it to you? Personally, I never thought much of argument b), but
some of the tempermental types out there are rather adamant about it.

-Alex