OT (was Re: Debian Vs RedHat)

<quote who="Dimitri Maziuk">

> You are more right than you think: every time I run into new *nix
> suckage,  all I need to do is remember the time when I worked in
> Winders shops, and I immediately start feeling better.
>
> Microsoft Helps!(tm)

yeah me too. about 3 years ago i quit a job at a company
that i was at for about 2 years(maybe a bit longer).
when i joined them ~5 years ago i liked MS software.
by the time i quit i absoltely despied it. most of my
work was R & D with embedded(more like unmanned)
win9x systems. dealing with all the headaches of trying
to get win9x to run in an unmanned enviornemnt just drove
me insane. i had to quit before i lost it. my bosses
(I had 3 direct) actually told me on several occasions
to tell them a day before i come in shooting so they
can take the day off.

have never had problems on any unix/linux system myself
that caused an actual headache to occur or make me want
to throw a machine out a window like i did with win9x/NT.
(my unix/linux experience goes from slackware, redhat,
suse, openbsd, freebsd, solaris/x86, solaris/sparc,
Tru64, AIX, HPUX, IRIX) at least none that i can
remember.

i hear win2000 and XP improves on some issues, but
after 8 years of using MS stuff(DOS3.x -> NT4) i left
and never looked back. i gave them a fair chance, i don't
think they deserve another.

nate