Re: xterm and the backspace key, the saga continues.

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:47:15AM +0100, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Hey,
>
> A few months ago I noticed that _something_ had changed on my Debian
> installation that caused xterms not to react on my backspace key as one
> would expect.
>
> With a lot of tuning, help from friends, reinstalling and
> dpkg-reconfigure'ing I managed to fix this, and for a while my backspace
> acted like it should. It removed the character left of the cursor and
> moved one spot to the left.

No kidding.. To get backspace back, hit and hold CTRL and then
clink on Button 1 your mouse. You should get a menu. Select
"Backarrow Key (BS/DEL)" and it should work again.

But I don't know how to make it permanent :-[ For XTerm the
config file is in /etc/X11/app-defaults/

Hope this helps a bit,
Adam