pkg scripts/dependency issues

i know for sure that when j2sdk1.3 was installed the first time, it did
not create the link in /usr/lib/mozilla for the java plugin.  purging
that package (j2sdk1.3), and reinstalling it resulted in the missing
link (no pun).  i am assuming this could have been the case because
mozilla was not installed at the time j2sdk1.3 was, and it the package
was intelligent enough not to make the link.

what my real concern is, is whether or not my entire system is mangled
because of situations like this -- i generally have my systems installed
via snagging a list of packages from one machine and installing them all
at the same time (dpkg -i *.deb) after they have all been downloaded.  if
this type of problem arose with j2sdk1.3 and mozilla, what else should i
be expecting for more ... complex packages/groups of packages?

-c

[ Structural Informatics Group  ]
[ Dept. of Biological Structure ]
[ University of Washington      ]