Re: X starts on boot--no exit--shades of J P Sartre

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:51:53PM -0600, Gary Turner wrote:

> I can stop X, but just as fast as it dies, a new login screen appears.

I suspect that Ctrl-Alt-Fx will work.  That's the keystroke from
within X.

> Now if someone will tell me what to look at and what to change so that X
> must be explicitly started, I will be much obliged.

You probably have one of kdm, xdm, gdm installed.  Uninstall (or
kill) it and you should be free.
--
Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming