Re: X4.1.0-10 disaster

Eugene Tyurin wrote:

> Now, I'm totally confused.  I downgraded my X back to 4.1.0-9 - the
> version that worked perfectly yesterday - and it still dies with the
> exact same message.
>
> What else can possibly effect this?

The fact that X 4.1.0-10 replaced your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. Your
configuration is probably wrong now. Look in /etc/X11 for a file called
XF86Config-4.dexconf-backup and move it back to XF86Config-4; that
should fix you up.

There's really nothing wrong with the current X package except for its
nasty habit of replacing your config file with a broken one. You don't
really need to downgrade.

Craig