lm-sensors build, sanity check

OK, I'm trying to get lm-ensors working. Several people have pointed me to
the lm-sensors source, and i2c source packages, and the kernel-package
package.

I'm already building kernels using the kernel-package tools. One of the
nice things about this is that I can place the kernel sources in arbitrary
places, such as ~/kernel_build/<version_no>. If I am reading the lm-sensrs
source README corectly, I will have to unpack the lm-sensors source inot
/usr/src/modules, even though my kernel sources are not in /usr/src. Am I
reading this corectly?

Second question, isn;t the 12c code what I'm already using to control my TV
card? If so why must I rebuild it for lm-sensors, and will this break it's
other functionality?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.