Re: Running DirectX Games using Linux OS [Offtopic response to unrealistic zealot response]

At 13:13 15/11/2001 +1000, you wrote:
By supporting SafeDisk Transgaming is much more likely to get support from games
publishers to port using WineX to Linux. And as soon as I can run Evercrack in
Linux I can blow Windows off my games machine completely.

To be honest, I don't see the problem with copy protection - you can't make a backup,
but how many people back their games up anyway? I prefer, and mostly use, Free
software, but regardless if you choose to buy commercial software, then you agree to the license that comes with it (or return the software). At what point is the copy
protection a problem unless_ you are attempting to break the license agreement?

If no one pirated commercial software, companies wouldn't feel the need for copy
protection.

I'll just go and hide in my bunker now...

--
Geoff Beaumont
Geoff@stormhammer.com