Re: Is it possible to install a few testing packages on a stable machine?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:31:29PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:15:44PM -0500, Stan Brown (stanb@awod.com) wrote:
> > I'm trying to get abcde to work. Turns out that the version I have
> > (from progen) is broken. The developers of this package say the
> > version in testing is fine. Probelm is it depends on one more
> > package from testing.
>
> File a bug report against stable.

That depends on how broken it is. Unless it's totally and utterly
screwed to the point where it's nothing but a waste of space, stable
won't be updated at this point, so filing bugs you know to be fixed in
testing doesn't really help.

If it *is* totally screwed, then you might be able to persuade the
release manager (via the package maintainer) to let a fixed version in.
However, you (Stan) referred to Progeny above, so I don't know if stable
is broken as well.