Re: GTK for Mplayer?? (Possible issues w/ GTK & Ximian?)

This seems to be a problem with the Ximian packages, which I
can't really help you with. But I can tell you that last I
checked, the mplayer GUI is rather incomplete and uh, sucky.
It didn't seem to do much but play, pause, and look nice. :)
Maybe they've got it doing more by now, but IMHO it's not
that necessary.

As for the issues with installing the gtk dev packages...

> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet
> dependencies:
>   libgtk1.2-dbg: Depends: libgtk1.2 (= 1.2.7-1) but
> 1.2.10-ximian.20 is to be installed
>   libgtk1.2-dev: Depends: libgtk1.2 (= 1.2.7-1) but
> 1.2.10-ximian.20 is to be installed
>                  Depends: libglib1.2-dev but it is not
> going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>

> That's what I got.. and also I'm running potato, and
> ximian on my machine.. can anyone help me so I can use
> GUI in mplayer?

...it seems to me that if Ximian ships a special version
of libgtk1.2, they should do the same with libgtk1.2-dev.
Also, just try installing libgtk1.2-dev instead of gtk-1.2
or whatever it was, that and what it depends on should be
all you need.

Or wait for anyone who knows of any issues with Ximian on
Potato with the gtk libs to speak up...

HTH,
Mike McGuire