Re: Auto login ...

=?iso-8859-1?q?Steve=20Kieu?= said:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to auto login using a specified user
> name and password to a remote machine? I read rsh,
> telnet manpages and found nothing, it specify -l
> user_name but how about sending password?

i do it with ssh. especially with rsync its pretty much
a requirement. with potato's SSH you can use RSA authentication
using either passphraseless RSA keys or keys that have pass
phrases but use ssh-agent to pass along the passphrase to the
key when you boot the machine.

if your interested, look for docs on how to setup RSA authentcation
with SSH. there should be plenty of info available.

nate