Re: kdelibs3 broken in woody?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:29, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> > I get errors while dist-upgrading today
>
> Sorry. I should think before I post.
>
> This is on testing.
>
> And I had a look into the buglist. It was reported and is closed, mh,
> perhaps not fully closed. ;-)
>
> I solved it with --force-overwrite
It is about the new KDE 2.2.x entering woody now. The problem is that
the current woody KDE snapshot does not really work as it is a mixture
between 2.1 and 2.2. Wait or get the full range of KDE 2.2 from
unstable/sid.

So anyone should put his KDE packages on hold or simply not run an
update on woody if you do not want to have a broken KDE. I guess, this
will be fixed soon as the new legal/policy issues are resolved and the
kde packages keep coming in.

Read debian-kde for details.

Bye, Steffen

PS: It has bitten me and I am using the console right now :-)