RE: max RAM size

I found the following info on
http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/common/big_mem.html :

"By default, Linux kernels in the 2.2.x series support 1GB of physical
memory.
[...2 solutions:]
Utilize the CONFIG_2GB option and recompile your kernel as a 2GB kernel
Enable the CONFIG_BIGMEM option to map more physical memory"

I did not try to pass mem=2000M to the kernel, because i already found in
the log something like "Warning only 960M will be used", which sounds like
more RAM has been correctly reported by the bios.

I think I will test kernel compilation on another box, not a production one.
Anyway, I wanted to have a rescue server ready just in case, so it will not
be wasted time...