Re: ssh x-forwarding

xbud <xbud@g0thead.com> writes:
> I ssh to a remote machine and I can't seem to forward any X windows to my
> local display.   I have enabled X-Forwarding in the sshd_config file on the
> remote box.  I always get the following error.

  You need to set the configuration on your *local* machine, and use
  the correct configuration variable ;-).

  Here's an example: Me and my X server resides on gbr.newt.com. Let's
  say I want to do something like "ssh fencepost.gnu.org xterm", then
  the proper lines for ~/.ssh/config would be:

    Host *gnu.org
        ForwardX11 yes

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!