Help/Info on E-Mail Headers

An earlier post "mail headers - why do they differ? Sam Varghese "
caused me to do a bit of investigation here, and I noted the same thing
happening on my posts to this group.  Since I don't have an MTA setup to
pass my E-Mail on to the internet, I use the Road Runner SMTP & POP
servers for all my external E-Mail MTA needs.  I noticed that their
servers were making "SENDER" line that was composed of my LAN username +
the host name of the (supposed) SMTP server.  You can probably see it on
this post, where "dad" is the username only on my LAN.

Now here comes the interesting part.  It only does this when I use the
Netscape E-Mail client!  It doesn't do this with KMAIL or OUTLOOK
(blush).  So it appears that Netscape is doing something that the other
clients are not doing....or vice-versa, maybe.  I have searched through
all the config options that I can find in Netscape, but I can't see
anything that seems to be wrong.

Does anyone know of a config option that would change this behavior, OR
is it possible to make another E-Mail client the default mailer whenever
I am using Netscape??  (Like Kmail).

Cheers & TIA,
-Don Spoon-