bug in netscape-base-4?

For quite some time, I've had problems with netscape (4.77) running
mozilla instead of netscape if mozilla was already running beforehand
(i.e. run mozilla, run netscape, another mozilla window opens instead of
netscape).
Today, I finally decided to track down the problem and discovered that
it happens when use_ns_remote is set to "yes." In this case,
'netscape_remote' is executed and I get another mozilla window. If,
OTOH, I set use_ns_remote to "no," the "wrapper" script runs
'communicator-smotif.real' instead of 'netscape_remote' and I get
netscape 4.77 like I'm supposed to instead of a new mozilla window.

Maybe the netscape package should be modified so that use_ns_remote is
disabled by default or the user is prompted during the install?