Re: xfree86

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 03:53:09PM -0400, timo@bolverk.net wrote:
> Warning:  Newbie
>
> I'm in the middle of trying to get a geforce2.  I see that
> potato has X 3.3.6.  My question is, can I install a X
> package from Woody easily, without breaking anything?

In an attempt to fix the aforementioned problem, and despite
the helpful suggestions, I decided to just upgrade to woody
to get X 4.1.0.  Well, this fixed a lot of the problem. I am
now able to get X up with the nv drivers for my geforce 2 mx
card.

Problem now is that I can get comile/install the nvidia drivers.
I was wondering if any of you have had expereince with these
particular drivers.  Here is the error message I get when I
'make install', as per nvidia instructions.

loki:~/src/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1251# make install
rm -f nv.o os-interface.o os-registry.o Module-linux NVdriver
cc -c -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-multichar -O  -D__KERNEL__
-DMODULE -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D_X86_=1 -Di386=1 -DUNIX -DLINUX
-DNV4_HW -DNTRM -DRM20 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DRM_HEAPMGR -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES
-DNV_MAJOR_VERSION=1 -DNV_MINOR_VERSION=0 -DNV_PATCHLEVEL=1251  -I.
-I/usr/src/linux/include nv.c
nv.c:50: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [nv.o] Error 1
loki:~/src/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1251#

Any ideas?

Thanks,