question

I found your program that uses
the alarm clock to time how long before gethostbyaddr
gets carried away forever. I did not know how to answer on the internet.

Does the program work? It ends the program itself, but do you know how
to end the search? I have a file of about 300 ip addresses
that I need to get the host names for, but I don't want to bail out of
the program, just out of the gethostbyaddr function call so that it
does not hang forever on one ip address, but goes to the next.

Robert A.