Re: hostname with dhcp-client

>>>>> "Carl" == Carl Greco <cgreco@cox-internet.com> writes:

Carl> Anyone know how to set the hostname under dhcp?

Carl> send host-name "peregrine.cox-internet.com";
Carl> lease {
Carl>   interface "eth0";
Carl>   option host-name "peregrine.cox-internet.com";
Carl> }

You can set your hostname the same way as without DHCP: through
/etc/hostname

You shouldn't put a `lease' into the dhclient.conf: that's only used
to help configure the network if the DHCP server is down.

The `send host-name' directive is meant to tell the server the
hostname you'd like to have. I use this to update the DNS information
for my home network.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>