Re: Account Migration from Novell to Linux

Em 15 Aug 2001 11:47:46 -0500, Michael Heldebrant
<hmike@portalofevil.com> escreveu:

> On 14 Aug 2001 08:03:31 -0300, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
> wrote:
> >
> > 	Hi all,
> > 	I have a Novell server with 6000 accounts and more than 100 Win98
> > clients.
> > 	I want to migrate to Linux all the machines at phases.
> > 	At first, I will start with 15 clients and 1 Linux server.
> > 	The other 85 clients will remain Win98 accessing Novell server.
> > 	I plan to make Linux mount Novell volumes and Linux clients
> access
> > them by NFS and NIS.
> > 	My question is how to migrate these 6000 accounts to Linux NIS?
> > 	Is there a free tool for this? And a paid tool?
> > 	Thanks in advance,		Paulo Henrique
> >

> Is there an equivalent /etc/passwd file for novell or is it kept in
> some
> wacky database (forgive my novel ignorance).  If you can burn out a
> flat
> file of the users and passwords etc you should be able to hack out
> awk
> script to set variables for then running adduser one by one
> relatively
> painlessly.
	Hi,
	this is I dont know. It it's just passwd I know that is simple but I
dont have Novell knowledge for this.
	Anyone?
	TIA,		Paulo Henrique

--
Paulo Henrique B de Oliveira
Gerente de Operações - Linux Solutions -