Re: Account Migration from Novell to Linux

On 14 Aug 2001 08:03:31 -0300, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
wrote:

> 	Hi all,
> 	I have a Novell server with 6000 accounts and more than 100 Win98
> clients.
> 	I want to migrate to Linux all the machines at phases.
> 	At first, I will start with 15 clients and 1 Linux server.
> 	The other 85 clients will remain Win98 accessing Novell server.
> 	I plan to make Linux mount Novell volumes and Linux clients access
> them by NFS and NIS.
> 	My question is how to migrate these 6000 accounts to Linux NIS?
> 	Is there a free tool for this? And a paid tool?
> 	Thanks in advance,		Paulo Henrique

Is there an equivalent /etc/passwd file for novell or is it kept in some
wacky database (forgive my novel ignorance).  If you can burn out a flat
file of the users and passwords etc you should be able to hack out awk
script to set variables for then running adduser one by one relatively
painlessly.

--mike