Re: ipmasquerade standard still having problems.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 09:08:51PM +0200, Roberto Diaz wrote:
> I have finally switched back to the standard kernel of the debian potato
> 2.2 distribution and I have installed the package ipmasq.

good. so far i'm parallel -- that's my setup and all it sparkles
and light...

> I still have problems.. :(
>
> 	* apt-get upgrade from a masked machine times out!!
>
> My new configuration:
>
> 	* standard kernel 2.2.17 from the debian distribution
> 	* standard ipmask debian scripts
> 	* all modules *mask* loaded
>
> what is happenig I undestood ip-masquerade worked fine in a 486/100 16 ram
> :???
>
> Please need help this is painfull!!!

don't you hate that? :/

here's some snippets from my working setup -- maybe you can use
this as a litmus test (and someone more knowledgeable can alert
me in a panic that my setup is all gaflooey) for your situation:

$ uname -a
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

$ cat /etc/debian-version
2.2

$ lsmod | grep masq
ip_masq_autofw          2448   0  (autoclean)
ip_masq_portfw          2528   2  (autoclean)
ip_masq_user            2536   0  (autoclean)
ip_masq_ftp             2456   0

cat /etc/network/interfaces <well, mostly>
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.1.1
	netmask 255.255.0.0
	network 192.168.1.0
	broadcast 192.168.1.255

iface eth1 inet static
	address my.ip.addr.here
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network my.ip.addr.0
	broadcast my.ip.addr.255
	gateway my.ip.addr.router

$

once ifconfig shows the interfaces at their proper addresses
(after munging /etc/network/interfaces and then issuing various
ifup commands -- or /etc/init.d/network restart) a simple

	ipmasq -v

should set you up.

in theory. maybe. unless something's wrong (including me).

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #50 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: