More clear ipmasquerade standard still having problems. (fwd)

IP masquerade is not working for me :????????????????

Just some new info in order to be more clear:

>From the IP-Masquerade Howto:

 7.15.  IP Masquerading seems slow

  There might be a few reasons for this:

  <B7>  Make sure you don't have both your INTERNAL and EXTERNAL networks
     running on the same network card with the IP Alias feature.  If you
     ARE doing this, it is highly recommended to get another network
     card so that the internal and external networks have their own
     interface.
* this is not my case.. I have a network link and a ppp link two
interfaces
 <B7>  If you have an external modem, make sure you have a good serial
     cable.  Also, many PCs have cheesy ribbon cables connecting the
     serial port from the motherboard or I/O card to the serial port
     connection.  If you have one of these, make sure it is in good
     condition.  Personally, I have ferrite coils (those grey-black
     metal like rings) around ALL of my ribbon cables.
* My ppp link works great from the linux masquerade machine.. so this is
not my case neither.
  <B7>  Make sure your MTU is set to 1500 as described in the FAQ section
     of this HOWTO above

* I have for both the MTU and the MRU
  <B7>  Make sure that your serial port is a 16550A or better UART.  Run
     "dmesg | more" to verify
--------------------
* mine it is 16550A
--------------------
 <B7>  Make sure that your serial port for your PPP connection is running
     at 115200 (or faster if both your modem and serial port can handle
     it.. a.k.a  ISDN terminal adapters)
-----------------
* It is at 115200
-----------------
 <B7>  2.0.x kernels:  The 2.0.x kernels are kind of an odd ball because
     you can't directly tell the kernel to clock the serial ports at
     115200.  So, in one of your startup scripts like the
     /etc/rc.d/rc.local or /etc/rc.d/rc.serial file, execute the
     following commands for a modem on COM2:
* mine is 2.2.17 (2.0 kernel problems skipped)
 <B7>  Set the TCP Sliding window to at least 8192
* I dont know if I have the sliding window to this value, but if my ppp
link is fast from the masquerade machine this shouldt be an issue isn't
it?
<B7>  Setup IRQ-Tune for your serial ports

  <B7>  On most PC hardware, the use of Craig Estey's IRQTUNE
     <http://www.best.com/~cae/irqtune/> tool and significantly increase
     serial port performance including SLIP and PPP connections.
* Same answer as the last point.. it shouldn't be an issue since my ppp
link is fast!!
What is happening?

And the following it is still my problem!!! :( :?

I have finally switched back to the standard kernel of the debian potato
2.2 distribution and I have installed the package ipmasq.

I still have problems.. :(

	* apt-get upgrade from a masked machine times out!!

My new configuration:

	* standard kernel 2.2.17 from the debian distribution
	* standard ipmask debian scripts
	* all modules *mask* loaded

what is happenig I undestood ip-masquerade worked fine in a 486/100 16 ram
:???

Please need help this is painfull!!!