Re: upgrade to testing (woody) -- failed

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 01:28:28AM +0000, nestea wrote:

> tonight when i tried to upgrade a few boxes to woody, i received the
> following error message.

> perl: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> E: Write error - write (32 Broken pipe)
> E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt

I got round this problem by installing the package libdb2 by hand with
dpkg. More precisely: dpkg -i libdb2_2%3a2.7.7-8_i386.deb The deb was
in /var/cache/apt/archives.

The upgrade proceeded more or less smoothly after that, but there was
also a problem with exim; I had to create the directory /etc/exim/
manually before the upgraded exim would install.

Jim