Re: Firwall Problems

On 13 Aug 2001 11:54:04 -0500, Case, Benjamin wrote:

snip
>The box makes a pppoe connection to my DSL provider
> at bootup and then it starts the masqrading.
snip
> I was going to modify some of the IPchains rules, but
> I noticed this. When I flushed the rules IPCHAINS -F. They dissapeared, but
> soon returned. How did they get back ?

Sorry I can't answer everything but maybe I can help solve this.  Does
your dhcp client rerun a firewall script everytime it gets a new ip
address?  It might be in your config files for the client to run a
script with each new ip.  Perhaps that's why your rules "reappeared"
after being flushed.

--mike