Gnumeric in Sid complains about default font

Hi,

I've installed Gnumeric under Sid/unstable via apt-get, but
unfortunately when the progam starts up it issues an error:

Gnumeric failed to find a suitable default font.
Your gnome-print installation is likely incomplete.
Please try reinstalling gnome-print.

Your fontmap file does not have a valid entry for Helvetica.

---

I don't understand why it is complaining about gnome-print, since I have
the latest version of libgnomeprint installed, and all my other
GTK/GNOME programs work perfectly. Meanwhile, my Helvetica font is also
functioning fine, I can use it from within Gimp, etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this (save compiling Gnumeric from source)?

John.