Re: .forward file format for exim

On 11 Aug, Sam Varghese wrote:
> i have the following .forward file in my home directory:
>

> #debian lists
> if $h_From: contains "debian-user" or
>    $h_To: contains "Debian-user"
>    then
>            save mail/debian
> endif
>
> theoretically, this should tell exim to sort incoming
> mail into the files specified as per the exim documentation
> at www.exim.org
>
> since it doesn't work, i must be doing something wrong. this
> box uses potato with a 2.2.19 kernel.
>
> could someone enlighten me?

Well, I run exim 3.12 here...

I don't know if case matters or not, but in my .forward I have
lowercase $h_from etc. and they work. I haven't played with logical
or'ing rules though, instead I use two or more rules after each other,
saving to the same folder.

As to filtering mail from this list; why not use the X-Mailing-List
header?
This is what I use:
if $message_headers contains "X-Mailing-List: <debian-user" then
  save $home/Mail/debian-user
endif

/Michael
--