Unable to configure XFree-4.1.0-1 on sid ?

Hello all,

I've fallen throught a weird crack.
When I dist-upgrade and upgrade XFree to 4.1.0-1 dpkg starts configuring
the package and then falls on its face.

It asks for the keyboard model (101, 104 or 105 keys, etc), and then exits
with this message:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xfree86.config: return: bad non-numeric arg
`Check'
dpkg: error processing xserver-xfree86 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 128
 xserver-xfree86

I don't know what to make of this.. Is this a dpkg issue or a bad
packaging (no blame to anyone intended, here !), or what ?

I now that with the latest release of 4.0.3-whatever this occured, but I
didn't pay attention since my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file was intact and X
still running (in hindsight, ignoring the problem THEN might have been a
mistake.. oh well).

Anyway .. does someone know how to get out of this predicament ?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff