Wajig toupgrade reports stuff that wajig upgrade doesn't upgrade!

I now use Graham Williams wajig shell script as a front end to apt,
mostly because of the extra facilities it provides an easy interface
to.

The other day I added a new security line to my sources.list, so I ran
wajig update, followed by wajig toupgrade. The toupgrade reported a
package to upgrade. So I ran wajig upgrade, but it said there were no
packages to upgrade...

pentium:/usr/local/bin# wajig toupgrade
Package                 Available               Installed
=======================-=======================-================
e2fsprogs               1.18-3                  1.18-3.0potato1
pentium:/usr/local/bin#
pentium:/usr/local/bin# wajig upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
There are 670 packages installed.

Is this a bug in Graham's script, or something wrong with my package
database?

--
Nikki Locke, Trumphurst Ltd.      PC & Unix consultancy & programming
nikki@trumphurst.com            http://www.trumphurst.com/