Re: A small doubt ..

> > > I hear that this is possible with Debian and not Red Hat.

Actually, this is quite possible with any distro.  I think in Mandrake the
partition resizing is actually built into the installer.  Ah, if only we
would rip off the "nice" installers or something...

>  I would just like to add it might work better with windows defragger.
> some defragger's like norton's leave some files at the end, whereas
> window's will more likely move them all to the front. hth     Dean

Once, when fips'ing a win2k (fat) partition, fips refused to shrink it more
than a few megs, no matter how much I defragged it.  It turned out some sort
of virtual memory was residing at the end of the partition, and win2k
wouldn't let me completely shut it off.  So I used gnu parted, and just
chopped it off (after copious prayer).  It worked fine, but later cfdisk ate
the entire partition table.... I think....

--Brendan