Re: fsck and non-contiguous

xucaen  <xucaen@yahoo.com> writes:
X> You know how every so often while booting debian, fsck will run?
X> well, last week I noticed that after it ran, it said .3% non contiguous.
X> Today it ran and it said .6% non contiguous.
X> My question is.. why diesn't fsck fix the non contiguous errors it
X> finds?

This isn't an error so much as an observation.  It's roughly the same
as noting that 50% of the sentences in this paragraph aren't on single
lines; it suggests non-optimal performance but there's nothing wrong
per se.  On my system, partitions tend to have 4-6% non-contiguous
files.  0.6% is very good.

	-- Abra Mitchell