Re: SID out of Date ??

"Case, Benjamin" wrote:

> That makes complete sence. Is 3/10 ancient times as far as SID is concerned
> ? I just want to work with the 2.4 kernel, some Xfree 4 stuff, and I know
> that there are SID level dependancies that I will need to meet for those.
> This is just temporary until my DSL comes....so I am d/l all of SID to have
> for the next week or so. Does that sound like a good apporach, or am I goin
> overboard. I just dont want to find myself in search of Packages without any
> internet to get them with.

If you only want to run potato with a 2.4 kernel, then you might want to
take a look at
deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

There you'll find potato packages for almost any software you need to
run a 2.4 kernel taken from sid and recompiled for potato.  I use for
two month now on my router, firewall, fileserver, etc. and it works
flawlessly.

Ciao,
Viktor
--