Re: mod_ssl vs. apache-ssl

In article <[🔎] 20010710203946.A21816@sackman.co.uk>,
Matthew Sackman <matthew@sackman.co.uk> wrote:
>With something as important as apache, I'd *alway* suggest compiling it from
>source. Along with OpenSSL, and mod_ssl, then follow the instructions, and it
>should work fine.

Well, we run quite a few webservers here at Cistron Internet, and
I've *always* used the debian packages and never compiled apache/mod_ssl
myself.

Actually I'm lying, since I used to maintain libapache-mod-ssl, but
you know what I mean ;)

The Debian apache and mod_ssl packages work just fine out of the box.

Mike.
--
"dselect has a user interface which scares small children"
	-- Theodore Tso, on debian-devel