NFS locking not working

Hi there,

I've been trying to get NFS locking to work on a small network of two
computers, but completely failed on it. Does anybody have experiences on that?
I have tried all kinds of things and read a lot of documentation but found no
hint about what detail I might be missing.

I'm running kernel 2.2.19 on both machines, packages from potato (update of the
crucial packages to woody did not make a difference) the potato "mount" did
complain about the kernel version being never than the make version, but that
problem was solved by the partial woody-update.

I am using the userspace "nfs-server" ("nfs-user-server" in woody) package,
because the nfs-kernel-server showed limitations in re-exporting of sub-mounts.

Thanks for any hints,
Nobbi

PS: Please CC me - I've not subscribed the list at the moment.

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!