Re: ipppd problems

MaD dUCK wrote (on 25 Jun 2001, at 0:00):

> I am experiencing a problem, which may be IRQ-caused, but it's weird
> and I don't think that IRQs are the cause.

I don't think so either. You shouldn't get anywhere near that
far with an IRQ problem.

> However, whenever I initiate a TCP connection, the ISDN link goes
> down. the logs report the following:
> Jun 25 00:51:42 embryo ipppd[3516]: IPCP terminated by peer
> Jun 25 00:51:43 embryo ipppd[3516]: LCP terminated by peer
> Jun 25 00:51:45 embryo ipppd[3516]: Connection terminated.

With a 2.4 kernel (er--how bad do you need iptables?), try the
AVM CAPI driver with the plug-in for pppd instead of ipppd. Or
if you really don't want to, try a different isdn4linux version--
I think the latest are on ftp.suse.com. My guess is, you're
probably having a weird problem between kernel modules.

I'm running an AVM A1 on 2.2.17 with ipppd and a B1 on 2.4.3
with CAPI and pppd. I can't really help much with your
combination.

> any help or pointers appreciated.

Well, there's the i4l newsgroup, de.alt.comm.isdn4linux, and an
AVM-B1 mailing list which is on-topic only if you go the CAPI
route.

T.

--
-- Tony Crawford