Re: File Transfers, taken from Re: an XFree86 problem, an xscreensaver problem, followed by anEnlightenment problem

Hi, $0.00 solutions below:

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:02:07PM -0500, Seneca Cunningham wrote:
> I am looking for a fast and reliable method for transferring files between
> systems.
> no working Ethernet cards, and currently it is assorted packages as I setup
> the computer that this concerns, but later it will be datafiles > 10M, so CD
> sets don't fit my needs. To the option of using a parallel or serial cable
> as described in the HOWTOs, it cannot be used for a few reasons.

Option 1. "split" files into small files and move by floppy.
  dos program should be available somewhere or use cygwin
  Merging shall be something like:
  $ cat file1 file2 >merged-file
  > copy /b file1 file2 merged-file

Option 2.  Open box and unplug harddisk.
For deb -> win,
  make small vfat directory and drop files.
  move drive to win machine and boot and read.
For win -> deb
  move hdd to deb side and mount it and read

Anyway, you seem to have a lot of hardware problems.  Fix it first by
moving/borrowing cdrom drive.  Slow cdrom and ethernet card cost less
than $30 only each.  4 hours of work for each at humberger shop.

:)
--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +