Help getting KDE!

I could use some pointers; I've gone back a few months in the mailing list
archives, and just cannot find an answer to this.

I'm a debian newbie, having been running Mandrake for the past year. I just
got a second computer to use for debian, figuring I'd work out all the kinks
on the install there before trashing my "main" machine with a from-scratch
debian install.

Anyway, I got potato CDs (burned them from downloaded isos) and installed
potato on the new system, without installing X. I then upgraded to woody
(changed stable to testing in sources.list, and did apt-get update and
apt-get upgrade-dist) and this seemed to go ok (actually I lost the "man"
command, but apt-get install man-db seemed to fix that).

My problem now is: How do I get kde? apt-get install kde doesn't work,
telling me I need to specify a package name. Looking at the listing of
packages in /var/apt/cache, there are a whole bunch of kde-related packages,
but it isn't clear what to select to just get the whole kde installed (I am
assuming that when I apt-get kde, X will come along automatically due to
dependencies). Do I need to install each kde package individually? That
doesn't seem right, since I thought the whole point of debian (well, one of
the whole points, anyway) was the power and simplicity of apt-get.

I also tried tasksel, but while it does give me gnome as a choice, I prefer
kde and that doesn't seem to be one of the pre-configured tasks.

Help appreciated, especially if there is some location I should be looking in
that gives this sort of information in general for various packages. I have a
bunch of stuff on my MDK system that was installed by the MDK installer
automagically (like cdrecord and cups). I don't mind getting the specific
things I want via apt-get (in fact, I prefer it so my harddrive doesn't
resemble a junkyard filled with stuff I don't want) but it's a bummer if I
have to ask for help to identify the packages needed for each thing.

Neal