Re: Audigy Drivers

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, csj wrote:

> alsa-user@alsa-project.org
>
>  (Side note: I
> just spent days figuring out you have to compile the thing into
> the kernel. I had thought it was an entirely user space program.)

Hi

Has anyone had any success with making the Audigy card work with
Linux?

The alsa-project web site says the card isn't yet supported.

To shorten a long story, at no increase in cost, I was sent the
Audigy (with a new machine)  instead of the SB live-platinum that I
ordered.

I want to use it under Linux. I prefer Linux, and have Woody with a
late 2.4 kernel.

Any further information anyone can send will be helpful, and if you
wish I will share my successes.

Meanwhile I can use it under  (arrrrgh) Win2000. It works there, so
it CAN be made to work.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.