Re: Cannot forward into files

>If you log on to the Solaris machine, can you write to the intended
>file?  (ie 'echo hello world > <file>')

Yes, this works.

>Where is the MTA running?  On the Solaris box?  As long as the Solaris
>system has the proper access to the fs there should be no problems.

Yes, MTA (sendmail) is running on the Solaris host, and the directory
is exported properly.

>Hmm, does the "mail" user (or whatever the MTA runs as) have the same
>UID/GID on both systems?  This is a must for NFS sharing.

On Solaris the MTA is running as the daemon user which has the same
UID/GID on both systems, and on the Debian box there is no MTA (at
least none listening on port 25). Well at least "something" seems to
work: if I remove the mail folder of the user and send him "fresh"
email, the file gets created ..... but is still empty.

Gruss
Steffan

---
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.