Re: postgresql in quotas?

* Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> [2001.11.30 12:32:30+0000]:
> It is possible to do what you want if you run a separate postmaster
> (under a separate port) for each database owner.  This will require a
> separate database structure and initdb to be run in each separate
> structure.  Each database owner would need to be assigned a port
> to use.  Each postmaster would run under the uid of the database owner
> and its backends would therefore create new files under that ownership.

right, that was my understanding, but this approach is not at all
scalable, so it's not going to work. i guess for now i really just
have to work with a script and cron. can anyone tell me how to display
the size of a postgres database, or will du -sh on the directory do
the trick? is there a better way?

"and the sea isn't green
 and i love the queen
 and what exactly is a dream?