Re: Uprading just one package

apt-get install <packagname> will upgrade if there is a newer version
available.

So point your sources.list to unstable, then "apt get update && apt-get
install gnome-pilot". Then point your sources.list back and update again.

Be warned, though, that any gnome program is going to have a _lot_ of
dependencies... in particularly, it will want sid's version of all the gnome
libraries and X, which will bring most of your system along for the ride.

You may be able to find someone on the web somewhere who has made packages of
a recent gnome for stable.

However, if you are just running a home/desktop machine (ie, perfect
reliability is not a big deal), I recommend just making the jump to unstable.
Unstable is a relative term -- I can't remember the last time my system
crashed.

Nathan