make mutt open folders with threads collapsed

Hi there list,

Is there a way to make mutt open a folder with the message threads
collapsed (a way similar to that of slrn would be nice) and, if
possible, not show threads with new messages at all unless I request it?
(I know gnus has this behaviur, and I got really addicted to it...)

I have searched man mutt and man muttrc, but can't find any references
to how to make the threads start out collapsed when the folder is
opened.

Also, is it possible to make macro that will forward a message to a
fixed address just with one keypress (i.e. without having to confirm
senf and subject line)?

Regards,
Stig

--