Re: DHCP problems with cable modem

[Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:15:18AM -0400] David Priban :

> the  interface  is   configured  via  dhclient-script  according  info
> received from DHCP server

One other thing for guys  compiling their own kernel. Very important and
liable to be overlooked.

I am using unstable 'sid'  with kernel 2.4.10 and am using 'dhcp-client'
to query  and get my IP  address from the cable-head  server.  Please do
not  forget to  enable these  two options  among others  in  your kernel
configuration, ie.look in the file 'config-<kernel version>' inside /boot
and make sure that you see something like

CONFIG_NETFILTER=y

[..]

CONFIG_FILTER=y

If  not re-compile  your kernel  with these  config options  set.  Enjoy
broad-band surfing....

--
GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio