Re: DHCP problems with cable modem

Are you sure that dhcpcd isn't working?  I just installed
dhcpcd, and at first I thought it wasn't working, because
there was nothing about DHCP written to the console during
boot.  But I eventually discovered that it was working fine...
it just doesn't print out its transmission and receptions anywhere.
Look in /etc/dhcpc, for a file ending in ".info" (I think).  If dhcpcd is
working (and has gotten a response back from the server), it
writes the received info in there.

    Mike Fontenot
    mlfasf@home.com