Re: SPARC Station 5: how to find out what's the HW configuration?

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 02:49:32PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
|   I have a SPARC Station 5 with debian installed. It works fairly well,
| the problem is I have no info about the HW configuration (I got it on
| sort of garage sale from company going out of business (or moving, I am
| not sure which)).
|
|   as of now it is working, but I would like to build a new kernel (it
| has one of the 2.2 series) and the problem is that I have no idea how to
| configure it. The current kernel is configured properly (scsi works,
| metwork works, sound does not work) but it does not use any modules.

If you have a kernel-package created kernel, then /boot/config-<label>
is the config used for /boot/vmlinuz-<label>.

|   there is something that looks like current config (of kernel) in /boot
| but are there any other ways how to figure out what HW is installed?
| Network card, sound card etc... I looked around in /proc but did not
| find much useful data... (I am not sure what to look for)

Don't recent SPARCs have PCI buses?  If so 'lspci' should be a major
help.

|   I have no previous experience with Sun HW so I would appreciate any
| help (pointers to docs etc.)

Neither do I, as an admin.  Would be cool to have one though ...

-D