Re: OpenGL causes hard system lockups

Dave Sherohman writes:
 > Once I've sshed into my G400/DRI box after the console has locked up,
 > is there any way to recover short of rebooting?  I suspect that it
 > should be OK if I can come up with a way to reset DRI or agpgart or
 > something, but I have yet to find any information on which something
 > to reset or how to do it.  (I know that the obvious solution of
 > killing and restarting X doesn't help...)

I suppose you could try a few things:
- if you are using modules, unload agpgart and any other modules used
by your card, then reload them
- try running xf86config or SuperProbe (for those that it supports) to
see if they'll reset things for you
- try going to single user mode, then back to whatever runlevel you
were at; this seems least likely to do anything useful, but who knows

Andrew.