Re: How to get rid of Gnome desktop?

Hi Tom,

	My best guess is that gnome is being loaded from your ~/.xinitrc or
~/.xsession files. Perhaps setting up X to load a different config file
depending on the disk you currently have booted. Accoring to the xinit manpage,
the environment variable $XINITRC tells xinit where to look for config; perhaps
you could set that differently, depending on which disk you happen to be
running, and xinit will look there instead of the default .xinitrc

hth,

-Mike Alborn
http://odoitau.dyn.dhs.org
malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org