Re: upgrade to kernel-2.4.9

Am 16. Sep, 2001 schwätzte dman so:

>     o  adjust the initrd so that the USB modules are loaded during
>        boot (this is the advantage of having an initrd, unfortunately
>        I don't know how to do this)
>
>     o  while booted with your old kernel add
>         usb
>         keybdev
>        to /etc/modules so that the modules are loaded at boot time

Put those modules in /etc/modules, then use mkinitrd to make the initrd. The
way I do that is adjust /etc/modules, then install ( or reconfigure or
reinstall ) the kernel package.

Maybe we should evaluate whether or not mkinitrd should automagically make
sure the necessary keyboard and mouse modules get installed, the same as it
does for the root filesystem. I don't need or want them on servers with
serial console, which is why I don't say they should just be loaded.

If we think they should be loaded, then we make a wishlist bug against
mkinitrd ( hopefully including a patch to make it easier on Herbert ).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans