Re: upgrade to kernel-2.4.9

Please, could someone explain step by step how I can get rid of initrd
stuff when compiling the 2.4.9.

As I wrote in this thread I was able to build my own 2.4.9 kernel
using initrd and the related stuff.

When using make menuconfig what else should I disable beside initrd support under RAM disk to avoid using initrd?

Furthermore, I don't find the --initrd or --noinitrd options in my
make-kpkg (7.0.4 potato). Am I using the wrong version of
make-packaging?

Ciao
Vittorio