Re: .m2v files which format ?

Vineet Kumar saw fit to inform me that:
>* Rajesh Fowkar (hsejar@gmx.co.uk) [010915 12:10]:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My friend has got a CD on which he has got some mpeg files and some files
>> are in .m2v format ? Which format is this ? It also looks to be a video
>> file from its size. Has anybody come across this format ? Which player can
>> play these files ? I tried mplayer but it does not play them.
>>
>> Has anybody comeacross this file format ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>'fraid I have no fish for this request, but here's a fishing rod:
>
>Package: file
>Section: utils

This is what I get for both .mpeg and .m2v files :

rajesh@debian:/mnt/data/Music_Videos$ file Destinys\ Child\ -\ Independant\
Woman\ \(SVCD\).m2v
Destinys Child - Independant Woman (SVCD).m2v: MPEG system stream data

rajesh@debian:/mnt/data/Music_Videos$ file Junia\ -\ It\'s\ Funny.mpeg
Junia - It's Funny.mpeg: MPEG system stream data

As u can see both are showing as MPEG system stream data. But mpeg files
can be played using mplayer or xing or windows media player but how to play
this .m2v file ? It is not playing in any of these.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

--